Friday, August 9, 2013

27/31 Things: Summer Reading

{To know what I am talking about, and to see past 31 Things posts, start here...}

27. What is your summer reading list?

**********

The summer is done.
Whoops!
Wanna know what I read and my personal opinions about them!?
Of course you do!

In no particular order:

1. The City of Ember by Jeanne DuPrau
   The City of Ember wasn't too bad. But it wasn't a favorite of mine. I tried reading the second book in the series, and I couldn't finish it. It's just way too dry. Maybe if I were in 5th grade it would be interesting.

2. I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore
   I thoroughly enjoyed this book. And as always, I think I enjoyed it better than the movie! I loved the twists and facts that were in the book and not in the movie. I am about ready to start the second book of the series and am totally excited for it!

3. The Infernal Devices #1, #2, & #3,  by Cassandra Clare
   To be honest, I don't normally read these kinda of books. It had vampires, werewolves, demons, demon hunters, faeries....basically lots of mythical creatures and humans too! NOTHING LIKE TWILIGHT. Just in case you were concerned when you read the words, "vampire and werewolf". =) I was skeptical at first, but I really enjoyed it! I had a hard time putting down the books! For my sister who has nightmares from watching semi-scary movies....I wouldn't suggest reading these, unless you plan on reading them during the day. Parts of the books can be pretty intense! I must also mention that there is one part in each book, maybe just the 2nd and 3rd I can't recall, but there is a "scene" in at least two of the books. Being a married woman, I thought they were tactfully written and not as grotesque as the twilight scenes were written. So if I weren't married, I'm not sure what would cross my mind. I can't wait to start the next series Cassandra has written!

4. The Selection #1 & #2 by Kiera Cass
   I ABSOLUTELY ADORE these books! I can't wait for the 3rd book! Kiera has written novelas that go between each book, and I have yet to read those. But from what I hear they just explain a different characters side of the story a bit more than the main book does! Pretty awesome! This is definitely teen lit with lots of girly sappy love story stuff going on. My FAVORITE kind of book! =)

Let me know if you have read any of these, or plan too, and what you thought of them! Also let me know if you have any suggestions for other books to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment