{To know what I am talking about, and to see past 31 Things posts, start here...}
25. What was one of the most defining moments of your life, perhaps a moment that changed you forever, a moment that took you down a different course, anything.
**********
I've been trying to write this post for over 2 weeks now!
I was trying to formulate the correct words and sentences to be able to really write about the experiences that changed my life.
There are 2 experiences that I KNOW changed me forever.
And yet, because of the sensitive and personal nature of the experiences, I haven't been able to completely figure out how to tell an unknown audience about them.
But here is the sum up:
I was faced with a very hard decision twice in my life.
Summer of 2009 and Spring 2012
Revolving around the same topic.
This is when I learned and relearned about the truth of forgiveness.
But not only that.
I learned that I can do hard things.
I learned SO much more about myself than I knew previously.
I learned that I don't need to rely on others to make my life go round,
I truly can take care of myself and be independent.
I learned of God's love for me, and how strong that is.
I also learned how much He loves ALL of his children.
I learned that trust is precious, more precious than all the riches in the world.
I learned that trust is easily lost, but it can be earned back, slowly.
I learned that when I love, I love deeply and with my whole heart.
I learned that because I love with my whole heart, when it breaks it's more of a shatter.
It's painful and terribly hard to put back together your heart when it shatters, but it is possible to do it!
(Especially with the help of our Father.)
I have learned that no matter what hardships come my way, I can and WILL make it through the storm.
I can do hard things!
I was trying to formulate the correct words and sentences to be able to really write about the experiences that changed my life.
There are 2 experiences that I KNOW changed me forever.
And yet, because of the sensitive and personal nature of the experiences, I haven't been able to completely figure out how to tell an unknown audience about them.
But here is the sum up:
I was faced with a very hard decision twice in my life.
Summer of 2009 and Spring 2012
Revolving around the same topic.
This is when I learned and relearned about the truth of forgiveness.
But not only that.
I learned that I can do hard things.
I learned SO much more about myself than I knew previously.
I learned that I don't need to rely on others to make my life go round,
I truly can take care of myself and be independent.
I learned of God's love for me, and how strong that is.
I also learned how much He loves ALL of his children.
I learned that trust is precious, more precious than all the riches in the world.
I learned that trust is easily lost, but it can be earned back, slowly.
I learned that when I love, I love deeply and with my whole heart.
I learned that because I love with my whole heart, when it breaks it's more of a shatter.
It's painful and terribly hard to put back together your heart when it shatters, but it is possible to do it!
(Especially with the help of our Father.)
I have learned that no matter what hardships come my way, I can and WILL make it through the storm.
I can do hard things!
No comments:
Post a Comment