Tuesday, August 13, 2013

28/31 Things: To News or Not to News

{To know what I am talking about, and to see past 31 Things posts, start here...}

28. Why you do or don’t watch the news.

**********

I don't watch the news.
I can't handle it.
It makes me so sad, depressed, anxious, and scared.
I don't live too naively, but I am do like to have some naivety.
It helps me sleep at night.
It helps me not be too paranoid.
I always strive to be constantly aware of what is happening around my immediate surroundings.
If it isn't happening within a 50 miles radius of where I am living, my family members are living, or where I will be traveling to, I am probably semi oblivious to it.
Judge as you may, just don't tell me!
This is just what works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment