18. Share your religious beliefs and how you came to believe in them.
**********
I know that this subject can be very touchy.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and beliefs.
And because everyone is entitled to their own beliefs I am allowed to share mine!
But in attempt to prevent snarky comments from being posted, please think on this:
I am sharing my beliefs because it is part of who I am.
And I want people to better understand it!
I came to believe in this church by searching for answers, praying, and trusting in our Father.
I came to believe in this church by searching for answers, praying, and trusting in our Father.
I am not perfect, nor are the people who belong to my church.
We are ALL imperfect people trying to do the best we can while trying to follow our perfect example, Jesus Christ.
So please don't leave rude comments,
I will take matters into my own hands and delete them if they are truly hateful and disrespectful.
I belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
Simply stated,
I am a Mormon.
I know that Christ walked the dusty roads of Palestine teaching how to return back to our Heavenly Father!
I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior, my Redeemer, the son of God, and my older brother!
I know he lives!
I know that He suffered and was crucified for my sins, sorrows, and pains!
I know that He understands every trial and fear that comes my way!
Because I know this I am able to turn to Him when I am in need of comfort and guidance!
It is through His mercy and grace that I can be saved, as long as I do my very best here on earth!
I know, by reading, study, and prayer, that the Book of Mormon is a true and correct book!
When I read it I feel good and am at peace with my life!
I know that it was written by people who lived in the Americas around 600 BC-400 AD.
I know that this book was translated by Joseph Smith by the help of God!
And through this knowledge I have come to know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the true church on this earth!
I know that we have a living prophet who guides us!
I know that our prophet receives direct revelation and guidance from our Heavenly Father!
I know that we are ALL children of our Heavenly Father!
I know that he love each and everyone of us!
No matter our race, circumstances, political stance, and everything you can think of that makes us unique!
No comments:
Post a Comment