Thursday, June 13, 2013

16/31 Things: Lot in life

{To know what I am talking about, and to see past 31 Things posts, start here...}

16. Something difficult about your "lot in life" and how you're working to overcome it.

**********

I've been debating about this post for some time.
Initially I thought that this topic would be great because then I could talk about infertility stuff, 
living in Kansas, being the wife of a PhD student....things like that.

Then I decided that the term "lot in life" sounded really depressing.
Depressing in the complaining way of life.

It's so easy to complain about things, especially when your "lot in life" looks gloomier than a friend's.
The mentality of "The grass is always greener somewhere else"!

In the midst of this decision I was reading a book 
(not the kind that usually inspires you to improve your life)
And I came to this realization, again:
Have you seen this one floating around pinterest? 
I absolutely love it!

So with out going on the route of naming all the things that appear to be my "lot in life" and what I am doing to specifically over come them I am taking my own personal challenge and taking this image from pinterest and making it my motto:


I AM going to become the most amazing me that stops viewing things as a "lot in life" but rather a challenge that will produce the endings I am longing to see.
And during those challenges that may come my way I will turn to the Lord when I am in need of strength and support because he LOVES to give us guidance and always wants what is best for us!
This is what I am doing to overcome any challenge that may seem like my "lot in life".

1 comment: