"We all know that father is
the smartest, wisest man on earth unless a teenager
is listening. Many adults can look
back on their lives and remember
that they would have done more of what dad said if only it was their
idea." Randy Van Drew
"The father is the provider,
the defender, the counselor, the friend who will listen
and give support when needed. Who
better than an exemplary father to
effectively teach children the value of education, the dead-end nature of street
gangs, and the miracle of self-esteem that can change their lives for good?” (Gordon B. Hinkley, Stand A Little Taller,
p. 169)
Those two quotes are my top favorite ones about dads.
I think they each speak truth, whether written in all seriousness or jest.
These characteristics are just some that I can list off the top of my head that I am 99.9% sure fits at least one at a time, if not all of them:
Cheerful, adventurous, full
of integrity, humorous, loving, handsome, patient,
thoughtful, courteous, loves to travel, easy to talk to/with, strong, firm in
the gospel, courageous, likes to cook, trustworthy, makes and follows through
with goals, keeps the commandments, hard working, follows the prophet, respects
women, loves children, loves his mother
I've included just a few pictures of some men in my life that have been father figures to me, or to someone I care deeply about.
They each in their own way have helped me understand their important role as fathers, brothers, and husbands as they try to do the best they can!
Be warned that some of these pictures are ancient, and some may not have the best angle of the person.
This means we need to travel more to visit family, and that I need to make sure I take better pictures!
Happy Father's day to all those that have been pictured, all those that I don't have pictures of, and all who have read this post!
I hope you all know how much I love and care for each of you!






No comments:
Post a Comment