Saturday, May 11, 2013

Mother's Day

Happy Mothers Day to all the mothers out there!!! 

Mothers day to some, is only for the women who have children, but really mothers day is for all the women that influence our lives. Their insights and words of wisdom are passed on from one generation to another.

Oprah Winfrey has said, “The least requirement for being a mother is actually having children." I really believe that, because the spirit of motherhood is really the spirit of teaching, of selfless giving, of bettering other people and making the world a better place for everyone around you. To me, that's the REAL definition of motherhood, whether you actually have your own children or not.

Sister Julie B. Beck in a conference talk said, ” In my experience I have seen that some of the truest mother hearts beat in the breasts of women who will not rear their own children in this life, but they know that "all things must come to pass in their time" and that they "are laying the foundation of a great work".  

A web site advertising mothers day says, “Mother's Day is a time of commemoration and celebration for Mom. It is a time of breakfast in bed, family gatherings, and crayon scribbled "I Love You’s.”  This is saying mothers day is only on one day every year and that is the day you give a multitude of gifts and notes to your mothers. 

I see mothers day in a different perspective. Yes, Mothers Day is on the second Sunday of May, but it should be celebrated every second in each and every hour. 
We should say I love you every day, always do kind things, always leave a note of encouragement behind, be together as a family often, and even bring your mom breakfast in bed every once-in-a-while.

Mothers are the ones who clean up after us, our own personal taxi driver, our personal laundry mat, the restaurant, the teacher of math, english, and science.  The one that we take advice from, the one who corrects us when we say something we shouldn’t have, and the one we mimic.  We need to be grateful for all of these things that are provided for us on a voluntary basis. Really, our mothers don’t have to do these things. And believe it or not they don’t even sign a contract saying they will do all these things without pay, they do it out of love.

Mothers are very powerful through what they do. They are the ones that raised the prophets righteously. They are the ones who believed in what their sons were doing when the rest of the world wanted to kill them. They are the ones who took the risk of saving their sons life and giving him anonymously to a daughter whose father wanted all boys of his race killed. Mothers are the ones who take in children not of their own and raise them as if they were. Mothers raised the presidents who lead our country. 
        
I’m glad that God gave us mothers to lead us through this life. I’m grateful for all the different mothers who have helped me achieve my goals. I’m thankful for the three letter word that is the definition of love, MOM. It is my hope that we can all learn to love and appreciate all of the mothers, and show them the gratitude we have for their love. 

Now that I've forced upon you my definition of "Mother" I want to show you all the pictures I have of all the "mother's" I have had in my life. 
Of course, these are not all, and some are not so flattering. But I HAD to share!
Some of these women are older than me, some are younger than me, some are even my same age!
They have all influenced my life for the better!
I am so grateful to be able to have had them all in my life!
I look forward to meeting more "Mother's" that influence my life along with the ones that influence my children's lives!

If you are in need of some other Mother's Day goodness, click here and here 

Happy Mother's day to you all!





















1 comment: