Monday, May 13, 2013

Expecting

I write this post hesitantly because of all the strong opinions people have.
But it is something that I just need to get out and share not just with Mr. Dawson.

I have a hard time when people announce they are pregnant.
Not always, 
but often enough that I think the times it doesn't affect me I am holding it in until I can't any more.

This is where the opinions roll....
"But you already have a kid, it's not like you are completely empty armed!"
and other thoughts similar to that

Yes this is true.
And Mr. Dawson reminded me of something last night when I broke down after another friends announcement.

"They are just joining the 'getting a second kid club' that we are in too!"

That is also true!

That's when the lightbulb moment hit me.
It's not necessarily envy that they are expanding their family, because we are planning on ours expanding too!
It's the envy of them having a date and knowing WHEN their family will expand.
It's that due date that gets me.
Our due date can be anywhere from this week to any day in the next many years!
(however long we are up for keeping our adoption account active!)

Now that I've publicly shared this I don't want people to not share that they are pregnant!
I love hearing about it!
Just know that I might feel a bit sad for 15 minutes, and then I get over it!
okay? 
Okay!

No comments:

Post a Comment