Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter!

Our little Dawson Family has created our first tradition!!!
For Easter we will celebrate the "worldly version" the saturday before.
And celebrate the REAL reason for the Easter holiday on sunday.
Meaning...
We color eggs on Good Friday.
(We only boiled our eggs and then ran out of time)
BUT we found out something neat-o!
Put 2TBS of baking soda in the water while you boil the eggs, then pull off the ends, and blow!
The egg pops right out of the shell!
SO COOL!

Then Saturday morning we did an easter egg hunt!
Sorry, no pictures...but I have a VERY long video that I need to edit!
We didn't want to be stuck eating all the candy or anything so we didn't fill the eggs.
We are also poor parents and didn't do a basket.
Honestly though, she was THRILLED to find all the eggs!
But she was spoiled by her grandparents!

Then Sunday.
This is the day that we celebrate the true meaning of Easter.
The resurrection of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!
Isn't it so awesome that he was resurrected and that we too will be resurrected!?!
After church I said, "Lets go outside and take your easter picture!" 
She walked out the door, found her place to stand and said "cheese" before I was even ready!
Wonder why the eggs are in the picture? 
She's loves the bright colors and how fun they are! She won't put them down!



She wore the necklace in the top picture to church because I was wearing my pearls!
She had to switch her necklaces between pictures! 

Have a very wonderful Easter! We hope that you remember the true meaning of Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment