Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Just so I don't leave you hangin'!

I dunno why, but I feel like I am due for a post...
It's been 6 days, but I've gone on longer dry spells before!
Anyway before I post about what I have been thinking about all day today let me preface.

I normally wouldn't preface
But unfortunately I've noticed that not only my posts, but posts on friends blogs
are getting crap about things they've posted.

Now I realize that a blog that is public can get ridiculed and is read by all
But sometimes it's nice to have a place to vent, especially to something that doesn't react.

With that being said here is my preface:
I do not hate the fact that I am pregnant, quite the opposite actually I LOVE it and am excited
Everything in the pregnancy is going well, the Dr.'s aren't concerned about anything.
I am on track with everything pregnancy wise.

Now for the blog:

I want to feel my baby.
I have all the proof in the world that the baby exists,
that she's healthy, and apparently that she is a wiggle worm.
BUT all that said, I still don't feel her like most women feel their baby's.
Like I explained in the last post I have a frontal placenta so my baby needs to get stronger in order to penetrate through the placenta and abdomen wall.
So a few extra weeks compared to the regular 20 week mark are probably necessary for me.
Though I have felt the pressure in my lower abdomen of where she likes to sit
Not to mention the little pushes she gives on my bladder immediately making me look for a bathroom.
And I have felt some kicks, or something, in an interesting place that I thought would never happen.
So all in all I do feel a little reminder daily that she really is there and is alive,
I would just like to feel my baby constantly like other women.

I feel very fat.
I am gaining weight appropriately (the Doc isn't concerned)
I am supposed to and I realize that clothes aren't supposed to fit.
But days like today, where it takes putting on 4 different shirts to finally find one that fits,
you just wish clothes were cheaper for pregnancy, and a bit cuter.
It's definitely a different mentality from the one pre-pregnancy
where you worry about your body being in shape and fit, this one you take it as it comes!
(I have this urge to go to Ross and see if they have anything BRIGHT and fun and cheap)

That's really it and I know it all comes with patience and that I will only get bigger seeing as I am only half way done with the pregnancy.
These are just things that I have felt today and wish I could wrap my brain around it.

Mr. Dawson just looked at my screen and told me to erase the "fat" part.
I am so grateful for the way Heavenly Father made the thinking process of men when it comes to their pregnant wife.
Seriously!
Mr. Dawson loves to talk to the baby and give her kisses
He already likes disciplining her too when my abdomen starts to hurt really bad.
Most importantly is the fact that he doesn't see it as a fat tummy, but rather as his baby.
THAT is what brings tears to my eyes and makes me love Mr. Dawson even more.
He definitely makes some of the hard parts of this pregnancy better.
Another example!? Can I share please!?
Last night
who knows what crazy it hour it was
but anyway I rolled over and immediately my abdomen was in pain and I started groaning and trying to find a way to get rid of the pain, but to no avail it lasted all night and only got aggravated with movement.
Anyway, when I first started having the pain Mr. Dawson gave me his hand to hold an squeeze rubbing my head and told me I would be alright.
Funny part of the story, Mr. Dawson doesn't recollect doing this.
Even if he doesn't remember doing it, it sure made my night easier!
These are two reasons why I love the way husbands think about their pregnant wife.

2 comments:

  1. I need a like button!!
    Love it! Hang in there hun.
    You are amazing...and you are doing something wonderful that not everyone gets to do. You are strong and handling this wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we should call Justin "Mr. DAWESOME!"

    ReplyDelete