We had our 20 week ultra sound today!
As well as my junior recital
It was all such a good day!
First off because my mom-in-law, parents, and brother were able to come down for the occasion
Second because we were able to see the baby and figure out why I can't feel it.
Third because we learned "it" is no longer an "it", but actually a she!
Fourth, my recital went well!
The reason I can't feel the baby as much as some other mothers can
is because of the placement of the placenta.
The placenta for me is actually right against my belly.
So the baby not only has to kick through my abdomen wall, but also through the placenta to let me feel her movements.
Kinda weird, but no cause for alarm.
Oh! Apparently she was smiling during the ultrasound!
(I couldn't really see it, but the techie knew what she was seeing!)
I also found out that I was right in assuming that she likes to sit low.
She is basically sitting right on my cervix, occasionally pushing her feet against my bladder,
she did this for the whole ultrasound
When ever I bend at the waist it makes perfect sense, now, why I always feel extra pressure!
All in all it was awesome!
Oh! I guess I should tell you that out of the 3 times we were able to figure out her gender,
the first time we tried she was perfect and totally looks like a girl,
But the last two times she put her hand between her legs, and placed the cord between her legs
but luckily it wasn't blocking too much cause the techie still said it looked girly!
So I guess we are like all pregnancies with the slight doubt, but we feel good about baby being a girl!
ALSO!!! I guess I should tell you her name....
Ellie Mae Dawson
Not named after anyone in-particular, but I guess I do have a relative that was named Eleanor and she always wanted a girl, but never did.
And the name Ellie reminds my great aunt of Eleanor...so we could use that! =)
Either way the credit of the name goes to Mr. Dawson
He's the one who put both of the names together and asked what I thought
I think it's simply perfect!

(The back of Ellie's head)

(Ellie's legs)

(Ellie's beautiful profile! and her foot...yes that is her foot on the left, not her hand)
Congratulations!!
ReplyDeleteAngela McCulloch!
Hey T!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry I missed the recital. All around I'm a bad, bad friend. But I'm getting excited for little Miss Dawson! I'm sure she's going to be adorable just like her parents!
Love, Rach