Wednesday, June 3, 2009

My Brother


So this little ode to my brother is a bit early, but I guess it might be better this way.  See, my 18 year old brother (hard to believe) is heading out to college, but not any college.  He reports to the United States Air Force Academy on June 25th, arriving a day early to make sure he gets there =), and he will not be allowed to come back home until Thanksgiving.   
My little brother means so much to me!  I was so happy to be able to watch him graduate via broadcast and meet him (and the fam of course) in the ABQ airport for 5ish days at Disney World.  I can tell that my time away here at college has separated us a bit, but not too much!  I love when he will randomly text me, chat with me on gmail or facebook.  Hahaha I even loved when he sent me his grad. announcement and he filled it with all those extra name tags!  =)  

I dunno if I have told him how much he really means to me, and what an example he is to me.  My brother excels at anything placed in front of him.  He is SUPER talented on the saxophone, and I'm not just saying that! (He's won awards and he also is playing music that I hear college students practicing in the practice rooms.)  He is a wonderful pianist, he always is smiling and has a joke or something funny to say.  My brother is very smart (4.5+ GPA in high school), he is also very friendly to any one he meets.  Much friendlier than me, which may be a shocker to come of you but let me tell you....my day date for Senior Prom.....one of the girls with us honestly said, "Your Quinn's sister?!?!" and was able to figure out who I was even though I had been in school with her since 8th grade...and had a few classes with her, yet she only knew who I was because of my 9th grade brother! hahahhaa  

All in all my brother is the best and I will miss him something fierce while he's in the academy!  I mean it's not like I see him all the time now, but knowing that I most likely can't see him until Thanksgiving is quite sad.  I have NO idea what I'm gonna do, other than write millions of letters to him, while he is on his mission! 
 

1 comment:

  1. Go Q. Love him, T. Your family is full of superstars!

    ReplyDelete