Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Retire and Rehire

My dear shoes are to be thrown in the garbage, and I am having a hard time with it.
We have been through so much together!  I remember the day I bought them with my mom in AZ and how she basically forced me to get them cause I didn't want her to pay for them, nor did I have the money for them.  (My Mom also wanted a pair for herself but they didn't have the right size.)  

I remember the look on my violin students faces when they saw they shoes and how much they wanted a pair!  I remember people asking me if I could play what was notated on the shoes, trying it, and realizing it was some "non-musician" who created the shoes.

I also remember walking through the rain in them, not splashing in puddles for once, and actually getting the bottoms of my feet wet.  That's when I realized I really ought to retire my shoes that I've worn proudly for about 2 years, practically everyday.  

So I went out and bought these....on sale of course! 

But it is still sad to see my music shoes leave my closet......

No comments:

Post a Comment