Sunday, November 16, 2008

Change

"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy, for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." ~Anatole France

This quote is the definition of me right now. I am in the process of dying, to live once again. To live on a path that I have dreamed of since I was a little girl but never expected to come so soon. Don't get me wrong, everything is how it should be and needs to be, I am struggling with the knowledge that I must die; that a part of me must die. And then when I am the most scared about this thought I receive the most love, caring, and interest to help me understand and make the best of what I am going through. It is incredible. I know I can do this, I think I am just afraid of the change. It's been so long since I've REALLY changed, and now my next BIG change is swiftly approaching. I am happy to lay to rest part of me for this new adventure, reluctant too, but I know I will benefit later for it. For that knowledge I am grateful, otherwise I may not completely understand why I am doing all that I am doing. The best part of it all, is that not necessarily will this be buried for life! There are things I am laying to rest at this moment that, I will probably have the opportunity to "resurrect" per say in years to come and that is very exciting! I plan on tucking away these things in a drawer to bring out when I feel the time is right! But for now, I keep on looking at the optimistic view and looking forward to the adventures approaching my life! I can change, I will change, and in the process a little part of me will "die".

No comments:

Post a Comment