Saturday, March 22, 2008

A new state of mind

So after having a "discussion" con mi padre, I have decided that it is time I drop Institute Choir. Yes, as devastating as some of you might say it is, I truly must stop attending. Reason 1: I need to focus on my school work, and this gives me an extra 2 hours. 2. I have been feeling for sometime now, that I don't get everything that I used to get out of choir. In a sense of spiritual and mental and physical lift. 3. This "Dropping" will give me the ability to rationalize attending other fun social gatherings, a.k.a. sports night, and not feel too badly about attending them!

I won't be staying too long after FHE has finished on Monday nights. Same goes for sports night. I will stay for all of volleyball, but basketball is just a treat.

I am also going to rethink my eating habits. Partly cause I already have my meals so spread out, I just need to make sure they are as nutritious as I can make them.

I may begin turning down hang-outs and dates on Friday's and Saturday's so I can study. That doesn't mean to stop asking me to attend stuff! You never know when I might take that break!

I will be visiting at least one of my professors office hours regularly every week.

I will be going to the fine arts library or the music building, depending on which is open, to study and do homework.......everyday after all the "main" items have been completed.

I am determined to be diligent with my visiting teaching.

I am going to focus all my energy on getting through these next 6 weeks with at least a B average, to maintain the scholarships I have so I can stay at UNM.

These are the basics of my new state of mind....

4 comments:

  1. i love how you have this blog stating that you are quitting your social life and yet you are inviting people out to a movie on saturday. i basically know it is going to turn into a date... but with whom? i have some hunches of who! hahah

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far it looks like it will be that way since only one person has told me they are going to come! but if i get more girls than guys.....it's not a date anymore! Do you have to work? P.S. i am not necessarily "quitting" my social life.....more as limiting it......and I've been dying to so the movie and I don't have class on saturday so i can use that time to get things done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't be TOO responsible. There's plenty of time for that later. :0 But keep focused on that good, better, best attitude. I don't worry about you and your priorities. You're just so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sis. Brinkerhoff! I will do my best! love ya!

    ReplyDelete