Well I must say that even though I was away from my family I had a fabulous Easter. Here are the two reasons:
1. I've decided that from now on I'm going to make each day as positive and fantabulous as possible!
2. I was invited, after inviting myself over before spring break and forgot I had done so, to be "adopted" by the Yarrington family. Whom I love.
This is how it went!
Church from 10-1 and then break the fast from 1-2. I went back to my dorm to change, grab my clothes for an institute choir performance, and my violin, only to walk back to the institute building to be picked up by Angela!
Upon arrival at their house, instead of being recruited to help in the kitchen, I was asked to give a recital (which I was happy to do). I played a the Gigue from Bach's Partita Number 3.......quite horribly......but oh well! Then we played guess that tune and I also became a sort of Juke Box. You see, if I know the piece I can play it! (I played by ear for about 7 years of my 15 years of playing!) Anywho.....to say the least I had fun and I believe that the family did as well!
We then ate dinner, went caroling (a family tradition that would take too long to explain), and then they dropped me off at the San Victorio chapel so I could practice with the choir......and invited me to return to their house after the performance!
The performance had many technical difficulties, but from the complements received I believe the congregation enjoyed it.
Then returned to the Yarrington household and ate dessert and played a game called "Balderdash"! I had a blast!!!!!
Pres. Yarrington, Sis. Yarrington, and one of their daughter's ( I dunno how to spell her name) Nesha perhaps?), well anyway....through out the day they made many comments about how they like me and how I need to be a part of their family! hahhaa!!! To say the least, I wouldn't mind! I love them so much! It's just like being home! All the teasing, love, jokes, laughing, the main difference is that the youngest of the Yarrington's is almost 15 and the youngest in my family is 10! An interesting thing though is that when I'm at their house I am completely myself because it's like being home! Normally it is very hard for me to be truly who I am at a different house, and so that's also a reason why I love their family so much!!
Okay, Okay, Okay, I'll quit rambling on how much I love this family and about my Easter. But I do have to say that I had a FANTASTIC weekend!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment