Monday, March 5, 2007

Missionaries

Lift up your heart and rejoice, for the hour of your mission is come; and your tongue shall be loosed, and you shall declare glad tidings of great joy unto this generation.
Doctrine and Covenants 31:3


I received news today that a friend of mine received his mission call and that 3 other boys have returned home! I am astonished by how quickly these last two years have gone and how quickly many of the boys I associate with will be leaving. It is also crazy to think that I am as old as these boys leaving on missions! Before it seemed that when Elders returned home that they were soooo old! But now they seem more my age and not so big a difference. It's really remarkable! I have at least 8 more friends getting their papers ready and will be leaving by the end of this summer! Wow. I am so excited for each and every one of them, almost jealous. I would love to go on a mission.......it's part of my goals.......but now I guess I'll live vicariously through them! But my biggest hope right now is that they will ask me to write them while they are on their missions!!! As friends of course! =) All this mission stuff just makes me so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment