Thursday, March 1, 2007

Growing Up

There has lately, for the past 6 months, crossed my mind the meaning of growing up. I'm slowly understanding.
First I thought that it was just going out on your own and doing things by yourself. I've learned that that is not possible. There is always a desire, want, or need or someone else to be there to help you out, and not always is there one you can depend on. So that thought definitely contradicted its self. Then I thought that maybe it was the getting older in age which should lead to you getting more mature......wrong again. I have met many "older" people who are definitely in need of some manners and being mature. So if growing up is not being on your own, getting older, or being mature then what is it? I told my mom sometime this past school
year, that I didn't want to grow up and that I would always and wanted to be her little girl. I was thinking about all that my mother had to do compared to my "full plate" and decided I'd rather take my plate!
But then it hit me. I decided that adults are still kids, they just happen to have a bigger body! We all have aspirations, duties to fulfill, and we all want to "grow up"!
I think that it is becoming like those that we hold in high regard. Achieving our goals and continuing to set more and striving to achieve them. As we get older more is expected of us, but as we get older we are able to handle more and can do all that is required. We have also experienced more in life and so in a sense we become wiser and "grown up".

1 comment:

  1. i don't know who said it, but they were wise "maturity is knowing when to be immature" this is on of my favorite quotes

    ReplyDelete