Ellie and I have been playing a lot of Candy Land recently.
She loves it because she always seems to win!
I am not even playing easy! It just happens!
This evening we were playing as a family and as soon as she started to realize that Mr. Dawson and I were so far ahead of her she "got tired".
Ellie wanted to go to bed on the couch and not play any more!
Of course being competitive parents that have been whooped by their child more than they would prefer we wouldn't allow it!
We also didn't want her to learn that should she ever start loosing in a game to just quit!
It took some time, but she managed to finish the game a happy girl even though Mr. Dawson won.
My treasures that I am so grateful for today are the opportunity to be able to sit down and play a silly game with Ellie, and that through it we can slowly teach life skills!
And to also be so blessed to have the time to play, even just one game, as a family!
No comments:
Post a Comment