Monday, September 30, 2013

Getting Back On Track!

The "title" of my blog has always been, "I think I can, I think I can...." And it's time I go back.
In the process of writing posts, I've written about obstacles, small moments, and random information as they came my way.
It's time for me to get back on track and stick with my title!

My goal for this blog stems from a talk given by a church leader this past Saturday.
Once it is in written form I will link it here for all to read, for now you can watch it here!
I have noticed myself looking at the top of this mountain called Life, and have made it my goal to reach the peak, as well as all the tiny hills that create this mountain!

It's good and bad.

It's great to have goals, and it's great to want to reach the peak, meaning to return back to our Heavenly Father. It's great to want to reach the tops of crests and hills, whether it be adoption, over coming Satan, getting a good grade in school, or any other goal in life. But because of this view point I had started to get bogged down by frivolous things, become frustrated when after a slope downward there was another hill, or the road to get to the top started taking hairpin turns. 

I am changing my daily perspective and will be sharing it via posts here! 

I am going to find the joys in every day as I walk step by step up the mountain. I will forget about the peak that I am trying to reach, and all mini peaks therein, and focus on the treasures found each day. Step by step I will surely reach the summit of every challenge that lies in my path, but how much more pleasant it will be as I shift to a joyous mindset! This way the trivial things will no longer irritate me to my core! 

Because it will be my daily focus, it will now become my daily focus here too!
I hope you find a way to enjoy your daily journey as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment