{To know what I am talking about, and to see past 31 Things posts, start here...}
2. List 10 people who have influenced you and describe how.
**********
1. My Mommy!
What mom doesn't influence their children? There are so many ways that she has influenced my life, but there are two big ways that immediately come to mind! The first is her decision to finish her college degree. She finished it after 18 years and it helped me know that I was going to do everything within my power to graduate with my degree as soon as I could! I saw how much it meant to my mom to finally have her degree, and wanted that too! The second was her support with everything. I wasn't the easiest kid, especially once those hormones hit! But we both worked at it and finally, sometime in high school, we developed a wonderful relationship! I am so grateful that we worked at it because now I can call her whenever I need/want to and get advice or just a listening ear!
2. Carmelo de los Santos
He was my violin professor at UNM. He worked with me weekly, and sometimes more, to help me succeed. Carmelo saw something in me that even I didn't see at first. He pushed me and believed that I could do it, if I wanted to. Without him, I would not be able to play the violin at the ability level I have.
3. Susan Kempter
She was my Suzuki pedagogy professor at UNM. She guided me and taught me how to be a better teacher. Susan helped me with so many things, especially when I was pregnant and then post-pregnancy! I will never be able to thank Susan completely, So I do my best by using the knowledge she gave me while I teach!
4. My Daddy
My daddy has helped me with so many things in my life! He has been my rock in my life in so many ways. He has also taught me how to better myself and to treat everyone kindly no matter their situation in life. Dad helped me stay debt free in college and helped to be the best me I can be.
5. Mr. Dawson
My hubby has influenced my life in so many ways. I am much stronger that I ever knew I was, because of him. He has also helped me to be patient and understanding. He supported me with finishing my degree because he knew how much it meant to me! So now I get to support him as he finishes up his PHD stuff! I am so grateful to have his influence in my life!
6. Boy's I dated....
Yes, ALL the boys I dated have influenced my life. All for the better. I learned what attributes I wanted to have in my future hubby, and things I would rather not have! I learned to dance better, by actually following the guy instead of trying to lead! I learned to be brave and take risks. I learned to put myself out there and not be afraid to let others get to know me.
7. Dr. William Magers
He was my violin teacher for a year before leaving off to college. Without him I wouldn't have even considered UNM. I wouldn't have been ready for college auditions. And I most definitely wouldn't have started practicing 3-3.5 hours a day. He knew I could do it if I pushed myself. He knew that he could teach me so many things that were missing in my technique, and he didn't balk at having such an broken student come to him to be repaired!
8. The University Branch
This was the group that I attended church with for my first three years of college life! It was the perfect dynamic for me at that point in my life. I was forced out of my shell, learned that I truly believed my church to be the true church, and learned how to help others who were around my age!
9. Van Time Girls!
You know who you are! =) With out you gals I wouldn't have known what to do on dates, how to reply to boys texts/emails, learned about life! =) So many good memories of the stories we shared in that van. Our plans to get back at boys, sharing (unknowingly) a date with one boy, building our testimonies, getting ready for dances, having parties, and talking about our crushes. Girls, life would have been a dull one without you and so memoryless! Thanks for befriending me when I moved in!
10. Ellie
This little girl has changed me so much! She helps me see the tiniest things that I would have never noticed. I prioritize a little bit better. I've learned that sometimes it's okay to say, "I'm not cutie pie, I'm cute!" and to also ask to be introduced to a room of stuffed animals and then say, "Thank you, Thank you!" and take a bow! =) She has also taught me the importance of watching what I do and say.
1. My Mommy!
What mom doesn't influence their children? There are so many ways that she has influenced my life, but there are two big ways that immediately come to mind! The first is her decision to finish her college degree. She finished it after 18 years and it helped me know that I was going to do everything within my power to graduate with my degree as soon as I could! I saw how much it meant to my mom to finally have her degree, and wanted that too! The second was her support with everything. I wasn't the easiest kid, especially once those hormones hit! But we both worked at it and finally, sometime in high school, we developed a wonderful relationship! I am so grateful that we worked at it because now I can call her whenever I need/want to and get advice or just a listening ear!
2. Carmelo de los Santos
He was my violin professor at UNM. He worked with me weekly, and sometimes more, to help me succeed. Carmelo saw something in me that even I didn't see at first. He pushed me and believed that I could do it, if I wanted to. Without him, I would not be able to play the violin at the ability level I have.
3. Susan Kempter
She was my Suzuki pedagogy professor at UNM. She guided me and taught me how to be a better teacher. Susan helped me with so many things, especially when I was pregnant and then post-pregnancy! I will never be able to thank Susan completely, So I do my best by using the knowledge she gave me while I teach!
4. My Daddy
My daddy has helped me with so many things in my life! He has been my rock in my life in so many ways. He has also taught me how to better myself and to treat everyone kindly no matter their situation in life. Dad helped me stay debt free in college and helped to be the best me I can be.
5. Mr. Dawson
My hubby has influenced my life in so many ways. I am much stronger that I ever knew I was, because of him. He has also helped me to be patient and understanding. He supported me with finishing my degree because he knew how much it meant to me! So now I get to support him as he finishes up his PHD stuff! I am so grateful to have his influence in my life!
6. Boy's I dated....
Yes, ALL the boys I dated have influenced my life. All for the better. I learned what attributes I wanted to have in my future hubby, and things I would rather not have! I learned to dance better, by actually following the guy instead of trying to lead! I learned to be brave and take risks. I learned to put myself out there and not be afraid to let others get to know me.
7. Dr. William Magers
He was my violin teacher for a year before leaving off to college. Without him I wouldn't have even considered UNM. I wouldn't have been ready for college auditions. And I most definitely wouldn't have started practicing 3-3.5 hours a day. He knew I could do it if I pushed myself. He knew that he could teach me so many things that were missing in my technique, and he didn't balk at having such an broken student come to him to be repaired!
8. The University Branch
This was the group that I attended church with for my first three years of college life! It was the perfect dynamic for me at that point in my life. I was forced out of my shell, learned that I truly believed my church to be the true church, and learned how to help others who were around my age!
9. Van Time Girls!
You know who you are! =) With out you gals I wouldn't have known what to do on dates, how to reply to boys texts/emails, learned about life! =) So many good memories of the stories we shared in that van. Our plans to get back at boys, sharing (unknowingly) a date with one boy, building our testimonies, getting ready for dances, having parties, and talking about our crushes. Girls, life would have been a dull one without you and so memoryless! Thanks for befriending me when I moved in!
10. Ellie
This little girl has changed me so much! She helps me see the tiniest things that I would have never noticed. I prioritize a little bit better. I've learned that sometimes it's okay to say, "I'm not cutie pie, I'm cute!" and to also ask to be introduced to a room of stuffed animals and then say, "Thank you, Thank you!" and take a bow! =) She has also taught me the importance of watching what I do and say.
No comments:
Post a Comment