I found this blog post many many many months ago.
Like we are talking in 2012, sometime....
=)
Anyway, I have tried to find a way to "rewrite" what she has written to post on my blog,
But that is totally lame, and like stealing, and she wrote it so amazingly there's no need to alter it!
Please go here
And read it.
I love it!
Here's the part that I love...if you don't want to go read it on her page
=)
She talks about how we read in the Bible that God created the world in 6 days and one day of rest.
Each day in God's time is equivalent to 1,000 years in ours.
With that logic:
1 year is the equivalent of 1 minute and 18 seconds
1 month is the equivalent of 6.5 seconds
This means I am about 31 minutes old
Ellie is about 3 minutes old
Mr. Dawson is about 33 minutes old
Women are only pregnant for 1 minute
Gaining some perspective?
So in the big scheme of things is being patient such a dirty word and a hard thing to do?
No, not really.
The average human lives only 1 hour and 50 minutes....
We are asked to remain faithful for that hour and 50 minutes
Those of you waiting to find your beloved spouse, the time is soon! I mean we are talking minutes and seconds!
I love the way she closes her post,
"When things get tough, does it make sense to rely on your 28 minutes worth of experience? Thinking about it that way sure makes it easy to turn to your Heavenly Father and trust in his endless knowledge."
Can you be patient now that you realize how much of a blip of time we spend here on earth?
How small of a blip that temper-tantrum your toddler just threw is?
So what are you going to do with the time that's left?
This means I am about 31 minutes old
Ellie is about 3 minutes old
Mr. Dawson is about 33 minutes old
Women are only pregnant for 1 minute
Gaining some perspective?
So in the big scheme of things is being patient such a dirty word and a hard thing to do?
No, not really.
The average human lives only 1 hour and 50 minutes....
We are asked to remain faithful for that hour and 50 minutes
Those of you waiting to find your beloved spouse, the time is soon! I mean we are talking minutes and seconds!
I love the way she closes her post,
"When things get tough, does it make sense to rely on your 28 minutes worth of experience? Thinking about it that way sure makes it easy to turn to your Heavenly Father and trust in his endless knowledge."
Can you be patient now that you realize how much of a blip of time we spend here on earth?
How small of a blip that temper-tantrum your toddler just threw is?
So what are you going to do with the time that's left?
No comments:
Post a Comment