I realize donuts aren't healthy....
These ones aren't either!
I saw a pic on pinterest, that when you clicked on it it took you no where.
So I observed the picture and experimented!
This is what happened:
Buy Pillsbury Grands Homestyle Buttermilk biscuits.
You don't want anything to do with the word "FLAKY"
Flatten the biscuits and cut a hole in the middle.
I used a lid off of a slim fast drink!
(yes I do realize the irony in that!)
Fill a pan with an inch or so with oil and fry...
Then set on a paper towel to drain excess oil
I forgot to take a picture of the next step I melted about 5TBS of butter in a bowl and made a mixture of cinnamon sugar in another bowl.
Once the donuts are not too hot to the touch dip both sides in the butter then into the cinnamon sugar bowl for a delicious coating.
We personally preferred the donut holes because you could just pop them in your mouth!
=)
Next trial will be with powder sugar covering....
No comments:
Post a Comment