Monday, March 19, 2012

Spolied

We have heard back from grad schools
NO DECISIONS ON OUR PART YET
Don't worry
We will tell you once we've decided.
But here's the thing.

Justin mentioned figuring out where the nearest temple would be from the schools we got accepted to
and then using that info as maybe a helper in our decision process.

OH. MY. GOSH.

Since I've been temple age and worthy,
the farthest I have ever had to travel to attend the temple was 2 hours
(Colorado Springs to Denver)

That was also my first experience!

Since then I have had to travel no more than 15-20 minutes

I know.
Spoiled.

So you can imagine my surprise when I found out that for one of the schools 
the closest distance one temple is, is:
3 hrs and 30 minutes.

I am not even sure if that would be our regions specific temple to attend...it's just the closest one!
The next distance after that, for the same school:
4 hrs and 30 minutes!
And it just gets farther...

Like I said, spoiled.

There were two others where the shortest distance was:
1 hr or 1 hr 30 minutes
(depending on the school)

Then the other two were 10 minutes and NM's 15-20 minutes.

I know, I know.
I too have heard those stories of people saving for years to travel for days to attend the temple.
I have been very blessed and spoiled to have temples so close to everywhere I have lived.
And from now on I promise not to take it for granted.
=)

1 comment:

  1. Adam and I are using temple proximity with grad schools as well. It so weird to think that there are some cities in the US where there isn't a temple close by. Yikes! The east needs to get more Mormons.

    ReplyDelete