When you here these words what do you think?
Cute
Stunning
Pretty
Beautiful
Adorable
Handsome
Gorgeous
Sexy
Good-looking
Attractive
Okay. Got your personal definitions?
Now rate them as to which ones you use for children, a spouse, boyfriend/girlfriend...
Got it?
Here are my ratings which help my definitions:
Children:
Cute, pretty, adorable
Boyfriend/Girlfriend:
Adorable, good-looking, attractive, sexy
Spouse:
Stunning, Beautiful, Handsome, Gorgeous, Sexy
I understand completely when an acquaintance uses the "children" descriptions towards describing you.
It's safe.
BUT when someone you trust, and you trust their opinion....
what adjectives do you want them to use?
I guess I am sharing this because it is one of biggest pet peeves!
Do share a similar pet peeve?
Adam calls me adorable but when he says it I know it doesn't mean the same as when it's directed toward a child. I also say my son is beautiful, but he's 3 weeks so I think it's ok, when he gets older I'll change it to handsom. I also think cute can be synomonous with good looking when talking about boy/girl friends if said in the right tone. I guess what I'm saying is that it all depends on context and tone of voice.
ReplyDeleteAmy, you have a point! I will remember that! =)
ReplyDelete