Tuesday, June 1, 2010

my heart goes out

Today at Smith's, the cashier was 8 months pregnant with a boy.
We discussed how it seems there are so many boys being born but not girls.
The lady bagging my groceries for me offered to help me out to the car and loading the car.
I graciously took the offer.
She told me that she was in my shoes 4 weeks ago and so she understands the pregnancy things and how some times grocery shopping can just be overwhelming.
She asked me how many weeks I was, and then told me she had only made it to 26.
I asked if everything went okay with her and the baby,
she shook her head.
She had a still born.
When she asked my due date, and I responded with August 8th.
Her response was, "So was mine!" and she was so happy!

Today I am so grateful for the blessings that have come my way to be able to have a healthy little girl growing inside of me and that so far things are taking the right course.

No comments:

Post a Comment