As you may recall from the post down below, I was anticipating a wonderful day yesterday.
It was not to be.
Within 20 minutes of my last posting a
horrible, disgusting, (nothing I would wish on anyone) revolting, issue occurred.
Let me tell this in a step by step process.
1. After blogging went to take a shower
2. Jumped in the shower
3. Shampooed and rinsed once
4. Heard a weird gurgling from the toilet
(Normally happens when water is above a certain level in the tub)
(It was WAY below that level)
5. Suddenly the water level in the bottom of the tub is at my ankles, and not draining
6. I decide to put my second shampoo in my hair, rinse hands, and shut of water to allow drainage
7. Gurgling continues.
(last time it happened water was low in the toilet so a flush helped it be normal)
8. So I flush the toilet
9. Next thing I randomly decide to look outside the shower curtain
(water in tub has not changed)
10. Water is pouring out of the toilet
11. At least one inch of water in the bathroom making its way under the door
12. I frantically wrap a towel around me and jump out
13. Toilet water is ice cold
14. Find that water is traveling to the closet and toward Mr. Dawson's nightstand
15. I grab every towel insight, except the one preserving my modesty
16. Frantically try to stop the toilet from flowing
17. Mission accomplished, tub still same as previous
18. With shampoo in my hair I start moping up, with towels the water
19. Text Mr. Dawson to call me because we have a flood even though I know he's in class
20. I stopped the flow of water but can't call the landlord to send someone
a. I am in a towel
b. I still have shampoo in my hair
21. I rinse my hair out in our kitchen sink, periodically turning of the water to make sure all sounds well in
the bathroom
22. I dress and call the landlord
23. While waiting, a neighbor flushed or turned on some kind of water
24. The toilet over flowed again, but this time with dirty toilet water
(not like it was clean to begin with, but this had "stuff" in it)
25. Worker comes and I show him mess
26. The tub has "miraculously" filled to almost over flowing!
UGH!!!!
Oh and in case you were wondering if it was a hair back up problem.
Trust me when I say a majority of the hair coming out of the drain was not mine!
GROSS!!!!!
And then at the end of the day Mr. Dawson's phone REALLY died...
Like unchargeable dead!
Sorry dear. Everyone has to have altlest one of those stories!!!
ReplyDeletewow, if I ever think I've had a bad day, I can rely on this post to prove me wrong!!! I'm so sorry Tresann! Yucky is an understatment! Hope your water troubles are permanently fixed! HUGS!!
ReplyDelete