Found out just hours ago that my bro-in-law, who is in the Marines, will be deployed to Afghanistan on the 15th of October.
This man has a 2 month old son, and will miss 5 months of his baby growing up.
I know that his military leaders say that he will be placed out of harms way
(the task he has to do does not require field service)
But please keep him and his family in your prayers as this time fast approaches,
that he really will be kept out of harms way.
I am so grateful for all the men in my life who have served our country to provide us
safety and freedom!
On my dad's side I have grandfathers who have served in just about every war!
The furthest back I can remember is the Revolutionary war...
along with a body guard to George Washington.
Also my father has served in the Air Force, serving in the Gulf War,
and other spy missions he is still not disclosed to talk about,
and now my brother is close behind.
My little Bro is attending the United States Air Force Academy for schooling,
and he will later have an opportunity to serve us all.
Not only do I have family who have served in wars, but I have known and still know
many men and women who are in the armed forces willing to preserve our freedom we enjoy!
I am so grateful for this freedom we have and always remember that it comes with a price.
PLEASE don't ever forget how fortunate we are to live in this country.
Thank You for the reminder!!
ReplyDeleteWe all need a boost now and then!!!