I am grateful for the LIFE that has been given me and the chances I have to make it BETTER everyday.
You see, yesterday the bishop from Eubank Singles Ward passed away in a plane crash, along with his next door neighbor. They would fly in to work together, but because of the bad weather they decided to turn around and then some how the crashed. It was tough for Mr. Dawson, I didn't really know the wonderful man, but Mr. Dawson did. Mr. Dawson got to know him on a different level than most of the ward members because of his callings, he got to work with him every Sunday for long hours at a time. Unfortunately this was Mr. Dawson's first time dealing with death of someone close, not an old 90 year old grandparent that you're not close to, passing on. Grateful I have gone through it. So I was able to help him, and we were able to work through this together. But I think that the best thing that we did was attend the FHE of Eubank Ward where they had a fireside given by their stake presidency, telling us about the crash, how to move on and be happy, and how to support the Porter family.
On Sunday in Relief Society we discussed ways of treating others so that way there can always be peace. I really liked these few, "Treat everyone like their heart is breaking, because you never know who's really is." and I am not sure if this was discussed or just thought of in my head, "Live every day as if it was your last, never leave any regrets."
I am grateful for life, that I am able to live at this time! No matter how crazy politics may be getting. With this gratitude I am going to do everything within my power to enjoy each day and live it to the fullest!
Hey sissy, it's Mimi! Is Mr. Dawson Justin or his dad? Whoever it is, tell them that I am sorry about that. There is a series that I'm reading, and it has a lot of deaths in it. I try not to think about what it would be like if someone close to me died. It's so sad. :*( . I hope your arm feels better. See you in April!
ReplyDelete