Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The day I half way lost my professor

Yes folks, that is today. I am now taking from both violin professors and switching every other week with them. Why? I don't know. Seriously, my professor didn't tell me why he is making me and Monica (see last blog) take lessons from him every other week. I am hoping that there is something that I need to learn from this and that there is a reason why this violinist has to be paired up with another violinist who "does not compare to you" (according to my violinist friend Erin) and have to take lessons from 2 professors. I am bummed so much. Carmelo is the reason I am here, and if this is his way of slowly moving me to David, he ought to just do it now so I can make the adjustments to my major ASAP. But it looks like I will be drawn out in this process for at least the semester and probably the year. I really really really need to find the silver lining of this predicament soon. I am already becoming an emotional wreck because of it!!! I also need to find out why Carmelo is doing this to me. For now, the smile on my face will be pasted on so as to fool others and myself into thinking that I really am doing well and so I can easily find that silver lining...

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry Tresann. I know how that must feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tresann, I think the real reason you're confused and struggling is because your real passion is the viola, not the violin! You just don't know it yet. ;) But, you are amazing at violin, nonetheless, and you should definitely stick with it if you don't switch to viola. No joke. I'm mad jealous of your skillz. :)

    ReplyDelete