Saturday, November 24, 2007

Tis the season for...

Love Not only loving our friends, neighbors, or special someone. But the love of the season! Honestly it is no joke that this time of the year does something to all of us. Everyone is more cheerful, more gracious, more willing, more excited, more of everything positive!!!! And it is contagious, so if there are any Scrooges out there make sure you stay looked up inside if you don't want to change!

Laughing Those of you who know me know that I love to laugh. I think that the best times always occur when there's laughter! Whether it is laughing at a stupid mistake, a joke, over something that you won't remember in a few minutes. Whatever it is laughing is something that bonds people together. I love the times I spend with my girls. About 99.9% of the time we are laughing!!! And what great memories we've created together!

Lights I've always been a sucker for Christmas lights. I love going around to the "Rich" neighborhoods and looking at all the decorated houses. I also love the Zoo lights. (which look magnificent in the air!) But better than all those are the temple lights! I love going every year to look at the lights!! They are just so gorgeous!!! What I also like is how from the air the cities light up even more!! Not just from all the decorated houses, but also because the cities put up Christmas lights too!!!

Listening to Music I love Christmas music! It just lifts my spirits!!! Normally I am against any Christmas showing up in stores before Thanksgiving is through, but this year was quite the opposite. It brought a smile to my face every time I walked into a store and saw the Christmas display! And I was so excited that the Radio began playing Christmas music early this year too!! I have been listening to it since last Friday, and it was something I really needed at that time to make me happier!!!!

Long Trips Not just to go and visit relatives or to travel home. But this December, before I go home I have the opportunity to travel with my girls and with a few branch members, down to the Juarez Temple in Mexico to go and do baptisms!!! I am so excited!!!! (I've never been to Mexico before, but what a great excuse to go!!!)

Lists The lists of things you "need"!! hahaha but most importantly the giving that you do to others!!!! I love going shopping and buying gifts for family and friends!!!

These are just a few things that make this time of the year so wonderful to me!

1 comment: