I am having issues!!!!! So I really think that I am going to hit the sack early, yes this is early.
I have, for the past many weeks, been spending time with a dear friend of mine, every night until our self-imposed curfew of midnight!!! We talk and laugh and talk and have a blast! I spill my soul to him and he does the same to me, it's amazing at how much about the other we know, and even more interesting that I've never ever been able to talk to anyone the way I talk with him. It's been so much fun seeing a change occur in him too! You see, he is preparing to serve his mission and the young man that I know now, is a different young man than who I first met in December. He amazes me. It's so exciting for me!! I get to share the joys of him turning his papers in officially this week, the interviews to enter into the office of an Elder, the missionary work he is doing in his home ward with the sister missionaries, the ability he has to talk to anyone about the Gospel, the love he has for Father, the love he has for the Gospel, and much much more. I try to soak in as much of the goodness he has emanating from him, but it is very hard! I am just grateful for the knowledge that as much as I love spending time with him, he loves every bit of it as well. And also for the respect, encouragement, sensitivity, and trust that we have for each other. This is the reason for my withdrawals tonight! I feel like I am going crazy because I can't speak with him right now, he is on a trip visiting family this weekend. I realize that it is a short lived separation, compared to the upcoming two years, but wow! It's kinda like that saying of you never know how much something means to you until it's gone, except he's not gone and will be back soon!!!! I am so grateful for the friendship that we have and hope that it will continue through his mission and when he comes back!!
He is one of the many amazing souls who has touched my life in my short time here in Albuquerque, one of the many who have helped me come to love this city and make it my second home, one of the many who will never be forgotten. I love what he has done for me and who he is helping me become, the me I've always wanted to be!
I love the influence you have for good on everyone you know! What a lucky guy to have YOU as his best friend. AND I am so happy you are having these experiences. I LOVE YOU TOO!
ReplyDelete