Saturday, September 22, 2007
Pick up lines...
So today I was in Walmart in the deodorant isle, because I have a feeling that soon I will be needing more, but anyways I was lookin' and smellin' and trying to find one that might be better than my current one and this random guy pops up with his cart next to me and asks me if I've seen the Adidas brand. I tell him no and that I don't pay much attention to that brand and he goes, "Oh, I guess it's more the venu....dove brand." hahaha so he had taken a glance in my basket and saw the Venus razor blades, and assumed that the previous deodorant I had stuck in my basket was dove. Which it wasn't, it was women's Degree. Well anyway I just laugh and he proceeds to talk to me about aluminum being in deodorant and how it makes you dumber.......right......., I put something on my arm pits and it goes through my skin, to my blood stream, to my brain! Right..... well anyways seeing as I'm not responding the way he thought I should he proceeds to ask me if I was going to some music festival. I tell him no and to be polite ask if he is going. He says, "No I didn't think about it until it was too late." !?!?!?! what is it with this guy!? Well I was done browsing the deodorants and was needing to be off to look at shampoo, so I told him that it was nice to meet him and that I had to go. Well I just went to the next isle realizing I needed soap and then he comes by a minute later saying that he guesses he will just have to continue getting dumber, I'm assuming he was referring to the deodorant choice of his, and kept going. It was so weird!! But here's the best part: I made it to the next isle and about 5 minutes after I had last seen him he comes back and says, "Is it okay if I ask you to get a coffee with me some time this week?" I was soo shocked by the realization that he was actually hitting on me and trying for a date that my only reaction was, "Sorry I don't think so. I don't drink coffee." And his response, "Well you wouldn't have to drink coffee, you could always get something else. But then I guess that would cause you pose another reason why you couldn't go and so I had better just either cut to the chase or stop before you bring up the fact that you have a boyfriend!" and I said, "well yeah, the whole boyfriend thing would pose a major issue, it wouldn't work out." and right then I got a text from a guy friend and the stranger asked if that was my boyfriend and I said, "yes!" hahahahah and then he turned and walked away depressed! oh my goodness!!!! In a way I feel very happy that some guy would think I was cute enough to make a move on, but another part of me is petrified by that fact!! And it's not like it was a Mr. McDreamy making the move on me, because if it was I'm sure I would have been mortified and not known what to say to him! GAhHHH!!! but good story right?!?? and it is 100% true!!! I even told my friend that I used told this strange man that he was my boyfriend! sure got a good laugh! Has anything weird like this ever happened to you? I actually have another one that happened to me quite a few years back, probably sophomore-ish year in high school in a museum in Washington D.C.!!!! but that's a completely different story......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
YOu little hottie... they just can't resist you!
ReplyDeletei don't know if the aluminum makes your dumber but it does oxidize your tshirt and ruin them! eee
ReplyDelete