The brief version.....
We are still waiting to be found by a birth parent. =) Ellie's been asking more and more about when her "baby and sister" (translation: baby brother and baby sister) are coming to visit. We've resulted to, "when you don't poop in your diapers any more"! And at the rate she's going, this comment will work perfectly! =)
Longer and more TMI version: Feel free to just click out if you don't want the TMI! =)
Because I am a preparedness freak and need organization, as well as being a planner (I have a terrible phobia of the unknown future and not having goals to reach), we have been making some mile markers for us.
The first one revolved around the miscarriage. I wanted to get my body back into shape and be healthier. I had gained a significant amount of weight from focusing on the move and not what I was putting into my body. I saw this miscarriage as a way to get my butt into gear and focus on being in the best shape so I can take care of Ellie and Mr. Dawson, as well as any future kids. In order to do this we decided to use contraceptives until August and then make another decision.
Over the summer I had some crazy issues happen that I was a bit embarrassed to talk about, but they fit in with this post! Before Father's Day I had crazy intense abdominal pain that felt like labor pains. This pain also came with severe bowel movements. Told you this second one had TMI! =) Any way, I had had abdominal pain similar to this for many years, but not to this intensity. I decided to skip the regular doctors and jump to a GI consultant because I figured it was intestinal. Zoom forward, I was scheduled for a CT scan while they proceeded to test me! All tests came back negative, but in the CT scan they saw that I had recently had an ovarian cyst on my left side, the size of a quarter, rupture. They wanted to rule out that the cyst was the cause of problems so they sent me to an OB/GYN. The OB/GYN told me that the cyst was the reason for the pain, but most likely not the suspect for severe bowel movements. He also told me, after an examination, that he believed I might have endometriosis. Short story: The medication I am on to help "treat" PCOS is helping to regulate my periods, but can quite possibly be causing me to develop endometriosis. Fun stuff, right!? Well since we are on a mission to make my body healthy and not get pregnant we take the info and let it sit on the shelf. I am scheduled for a colonoscopy and endoscopy to try and figure out my bowel situation. (In case you aren't familiar with those terms, I got scoped from both ends of my body) SO NOT FUN! And....the results came back NEGATIVE for everything they tested and were looking for. I am unfortunately and fortunately a perfectly healthy 25 year old! Because of that they decided to test some IBS, irritable bowel syndrome, meds on me to see what happens. So far it's been pretty good. Hooray!!!
Now that my body is back to "working" condition it's back to thinking about babies again....
August came and we decided to make Heavenly Father our family planner. We were already 3 months into the waiting game of adoption and felt that one way or another Heavenly Father wants us to grow our family. So whether it be adoption or biological we will let it happen and not get in the way.
Towards the end of August and beginning of September I proposed a plan of specific goals. We have studied them together and prayed about them and feel that we will know as soon as we take these steps if they really are what we should do.
If my September cycle finishes without a pregnancy we will set up an appointment to talk with my endocrinologist about our next steps whether it be laparoscopy or drugs to induce ovulation. And go from there.
I know that many people may think, "But you haven't waited long enough, or given adoption a long enough chance. Just hang on." Or something similar. It's true. We haven't been "active" on the adoption lists for very long. But while we are waiting, we want to continue to see what chances we have of conceiving again, as well as what steps we need to take in order for that to actually happen! The more we, and doctors, know about my body the more we can fine tune what actually needs to happen in order for it to work properly to ovulate and conceive.
That's the long winded and informative version of everything happening in our lives right now, revolving around babies that is!
If you have any other questions, concerns, suggestions go ahead and write them! I will read them and answer them to the best of my ability!
No comments:
Post a Comment