Friday, August 30, 2013

31/31 Things: Where will you be?

{To know what I am talking about, and to see past 31 Things posts, start here...}

31. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? 15 years?

**********



I used to really really REALLY like these kinds of questions.
Then my life took too many turns in directions that I hadn't "foreseen" my life taking!
Then I decided that it is still good to have GOALS of the path you would like your life to take.
So these are my goals and desires, but I'm not gonna expect it to happen this way!

5 Years
It will be the year 2018!
I hope to be the wife of a "doctor who doesn't help people"!
(If you've read this book you understand the quote)
I hope to have at least a second child in the family.
I hope that Ellie will choose to be baptized.
I hope that we will be debt free or pretty darn close to it!
I hope that Mr. Dawson will have a job, whether or not he loves it is a different story. =)
We will be celebrating our 10 year anniversary!
I hope to still have a violin studio, though I wouldn't mind if it was less than 15 students!
I really hope that we are enjoying where we live!
I hope that I have run a half marathon!

10 years
It will be the year 2023!
Um, that's just strange to think about!
Ellie will be 13!
A teenager!
I sure hope that we can communicate well with each other and not get on each other's nerves!
I hope that Mr. Dawson has a job that he loves.
I hope that we have gone on a second cruise or traveled somewhere in Europe!
I hope that we are 100% debt free!
I would really like to own a house.
I would love to still have a violin studio or maybe be a substitute teacher for music classes!
I would love to have seen a concert in Carnegie Hall!
Maybe Mr. Dawson will create the most awesome of awesome computer program or app!
Maybe I've written a book!
We will be the most loving family in the city, even if the kid(s) hate it!

15 Years
It will be the year 2028!
Ellie will be 18! 
She will have graduated from high school and be starting college!
Maybe even considering serving a mission for our church!
I hope she is choosing the most awesome college for her and that she has a blast!
We will be celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary, and hopefully in style!
I hope that we have a house of our own.
Maybe it's the house that I designed and the one we will grow old in!
I hope Mr. Dawson LOVES his job.
I hope that we have two cars.
I hope that I am not completely gray....though I bet that might not happen!
I hope that Ellie talks to me about her life, trials, sorrows, boys, and excitements.
I hope that we can travel places!
I hope that we are in the best shape we can be in and that our bodies are healthy!

Can you imagine where you might be in 5, 10, or 15 years!?

No comments:

Post a Comment