Tuesday, May 28, 2013

13/31 Things: What do you do?

{To know what I am talking about, and to see past 31 Things posts, start here...}

13. If you couldn't answer with your job, how would you answer the question, 'what do you do'?


**********

This is a little tough cause I obviously know that "teach violin" is my job, so I can't answer that.
But I do play the violin, not for a job.

I am a mother.
A job in which I am not monetarily paid.

I am a wife.
Again, a job in which I am not monetarily paid.

I work with and teach the girls in my church ages 12-18.
I am not paid to do this.

I am a taxi driver.
Not as intensely as some, but I still shuttle Mr. Dawson around at times, and Ellie too!
Again, not a paying job.

I try to make breakfast, lunch, and dinners for my little family.
I'm no chef, but it takes time to do this.
Not paid.

So I guess what it comes down to is how you define "job"
And in all truthfulness I think that a "job" usually falls into something you don't enjoy.
I ENJOY everything I do!
Sometimes it may take me a few hours or days to realize I do enjoy it, =)
But I honestly enjoy everything that uses my time everyday!

What do I do?
I am a wife, mother, teacher, friend, and confidante.


2 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful list of things you do.
    I'm always so amazed at the constant work and sacrifice involved in being a mother. But so glad you enjoy it! I cross my fingers that I'll enjoy it, too. After all these years of infertility, I have become so at peace with my life just as it is - and it has been incredibly purposeful and rewarding and full of service and sacrifice in other ways...so much so that part of me worries whether or not I will love the switch to motherhood. In the end, I know it will all work out. And I'm excited to see how it unfolds. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mara, I am sure you will enjoy it! It will definitely be a change, but I know you can handle it! =)

      Delete