A friend of mine posted a link to this video on facebook today.
Of course I had to watch it, since it's about adoption!
It's fantastic!
I love being able to hear a birth mother's perspective on things.
How bitter sweet her experience has been.
Then I found Tamra's blog.
(she's the one in the video, in case you didn't catch that)
So beautiful!
I read just three posts:
"talk i wrote for church", "my keynote address for the Central Region Families Supporting Adoption Conference in Denver", and "THIS JUST IN"
So beautiful and amazing!
I am so glad that she is sharing her experience with everyone!
She is shining a light on adoption and helping it become less of a mysterious, scary thing!
I hope that with our journey, being the adoptive parents, that I can share things that will help others understand adoption and be more open to it as well!
What I do know so far is that it is a beautiful thing that strengthens everyone involved!
And that lots of HARD WORK, PRAYERS, FASTING, SACRIFICES, TEARS, and HUMILITY are involved.
Leaving behind BLESSINGS, JOY, LOVE, COMPASSION, PEACE, and FAMILY.
are you guys looking to adopt?
ReplyDeleteYes we are! Our paperwork is currently being approved and within the week we will be eligible to adopt!
ReplyDeleteWow oh WOW Tresann! THIS IS AMAZING NEWS! I've had so many friends who have gone through adoption- both sides of it- and honestly, they really are some of the most incredible women I know- on BOTH SIDES!
ReplyDeleteMy sister was adopted, so naturally, I am all for giving the greatest gift of love... because that's what I think it is... LOVE.
Eager to hear more about your journey girl... I have missed you!
p.s. This is Jacy btw from My Name is Jacy... I've started a new blog so I have a new name and profile :) YAY!
Love you... sooo happy for you....
How exciting! Just because? Or can you not have anymore kids?
ReplyDeleteGood for you.
Thanks Jacy! Good to see you back in the blogging world! =)
ReplyDeleteAnonymous #2, I don't think that people go into adoption or conceiving a child for that matter "just because"! For us, it's well thought out and prayed about! If you read these posts you will see the reasoning behind it all:
http://crestmodel.blogspot.com/2012/12/miracles.html
http://crestmodel.blogspot.com/2013/01/adoption.html
http://crestmodel.blogspot.com/2013/01/right-direction.html
http://crestmodel.blogspot.com/2013/04/there-is-silver-lining-to-every-cloud.html