Disclaimer:
I in no way whatsoever forced my child to play the violin.
She decided she wanted to have violin lessons herself.
The part that I hated was that Ellie wanted to carry/wear her violin on the airplane back from AZ to KS and many many adults were making comments and looking at us like horrible parents.
They just didn't know that SHE asked to bring the violin back home from gramma's house and have lessons with mom!
They presumed that we were forcing her to play the violin and such terrible people we were to do that to a kid who doesn't even look like 2.5 yrs old to most people.
Anyways, I behaved and didn't react to the stares and whispers that we of course could hear clearly.
We have lessons whenever she asks, I don't force them, and we do our best.
She can name all the parts of the violin
Go to rest position
Ellie can do a form of "Belly-Up"
Almost has a bow hold
Justin hasn't had lessons since April 2012 I think
So he will do lessons when Ellie does lessons
We are still working on posture while learning Lightly Row





This is adorable!!! Love it!!!
ReplyDeleteThis is so cute. How fun, you will all be able to play together... Can't wait til you post videos of her playing!
ReplyDelete