For the month of December I was wanting to share ways that I have seen God's hand in my life.
But I realized that there are many that are too personal to share.
There is one, technically four, miracle(s) that I am finally comfortable in sharing with you!
I have been diagnosed with PCOS
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
Basically I have a hormonal imbalance that has affected my reproductive system.
If you want to know the details about PCOS click HERE
I was diagnosed in NM, after having Ellie, with PCOS but the doctor kept using the words:
"maybe, kind of, looks like, not certain..."
So for the past two years I was never really certain about it.
I was told that it was possible that Ellie was my miracle baby.
Miracle number one!
When we moved to Kansas I knew that I needed to see a doctor who could clarify things
AND give me a solid answer.
I was visited by two ladies from our church and we got to talking about finding doctors.
One of them mentioned looking into the KU med school program because the doctors they bring in are some of the best in their field and are doing research to learn more!
I followed her advice.
Low and behold I found a doctor who's field not only consists of helping people with fertility problems, but she also specializes in PCOS!!!
Her name is Dr. Sacha Krieg
It was miracle number two!
I set up my appointment and immediately she started me on a bunch of tests to truly find the source of our fertility issues!
On December 6th I met with her and she confirmed that I really do have PCOS.
Miracle number three!
(Yes it is a miracle, because finally after 28 months I have an answer!)
Because I have PCOS I have a 3% chance of getting pregnant on my own each month.
A person without any fertility problems has a 12-25% chance each month
To answer many of the questions that I hear going on in your head:
How is it possible that you didn't need any medical help to have Ellie?
In all honesty, it's because she was meant to come into our lives at that time.
We were ready for a child, and we desperately wanted one.
Our Heavenly Father's timing matched ours and it worked out wonderfully!
We have been so blessed with this little girl!
There are the medical reasons of:
I had symptoms but they weren't doing a number on my body yet; once I got pregnant the changes that came from hormone fluctuations brought the PCOS into light.
And various other reasons.
What do you do now?
This should increase my chances of getting pregnant from 3% to 12%!
Miracle number four, medical technology!
My doctor will only perform 3 rounds of this, if they each fail, then we discuss other options.
Is there anything I can do for you?
Just keep us in your prayers.
We realize that all of this is in our Heavenly Fathers hands.
All we can do is try our best to do everything in our power, and acknowledge that he is in control.
I also want you all to realize that we aren't sharing this for pity.
We are sharing this information because we finally have answers that we can tell people!
It's felt like a big secret part of our lives that only our immediate family and a few friends knew about because we've been in the dark for so long! It's nice to finally be able to tell people a true reason why we aren't pregnant with a second kid yet, or why Tresann acts wacky sometimes!
=)
But most importantly, so that way if there is some other couple going through this out there they know they are not alone and hopefully we can help each other!
Hey My Miracle is almost 18. Please know you are not alone in this diagnoses. Although I only had one, I know many friends that had more children. Ever need to talk I am here for you. ~ Ramona
ReplyDeleteTresann, you are definitely not alone. I have PCOS and we've been trying for a baby for almost 7 years now. I'm glad you are finally getting answers. Praying you get another little miracle soon!
ReplyDeleteI am really excited you have found a good doctor! Children are always a miracle, but especially when our bodies don't work the way they are supposed to, conception is a HUGE miracle. I hope this works quickly and easily for you. Hang in there, we're praying for you! Thank you for sharing this!
ReplyDelete