#41. Share the Gospel with someone
I did this!
It was nerve wracking.
I didn't know what his response would be,
I didn't want it to be negative because I think that we have a good friendship.
Didn't want to ruin that.
I've only given 3 Book of Mormon books to friends in my lifetime.
I get nervous.
It's something I love and I realize not many people think of my religion that way.
This is why I usually just do good works and hope I plant a seed of some kind in their heart.
Well, I went for it.
(I didn't even remember that it was on the "101 things to do list" at that time.)
I gave him the Book of Mormon.
I told him what it meant to me.
Two weeks later I asked if he had read any of it.
No.
I asked if he would.
No, didn't want my religion. And didn't want me to always bring it up when I talk to him.
Some other things were said and I felt hurt.
He really didn't understand why I LOVE the Book of Mormon.
It's probably because I don't know how to put it into words.
But he knows that if he ever has questions he can talk to me!
Funny thing though.
This gospel
My religion
It's not just a sunday thing.
I do my best to live it everyday of my life.
I'm not perfect at it, but I do my best.
So to my dear friend, it won't be vocally spoken about or written in text. But it is all around me in my life.
The way I dress, the way I talk, the different activities I do during the week.
The things I teach my daughter, the things that I watch on tv or in movies.
It's all there in little bits.
I'm human, and I fail at things sometimes...okay lots of the time! =)
so don't analyze my life too carefully.
But it is always there in the background.
I hope someday, even if it's 50 years from now, you can understand why I feel so much love for the Book of Mormon and the church I belong to.
Doesn't mean you have to love it too! Just understand the love.
=)
If I have any other friends who are curious to understand why I would go out of my comfort zone to share what I love, please let me know!
I would love to share The Book of Mormon with you so you can begin to understand!
I will even personally mail it to you!
=)
It's a book that has changed my life.
Every day that I read it, it changes my life/perspective again.
If my friends hadn't been brave enough to share the Gospel with me when I was 19, who knows where I would be! I certainly wouldn't be the person I am today (and that is NOT a good thing).
ReplyDeleteKudos to you Tresann for taking that leap! Even though he wasn't receptive that doesn't mean you failed. Maybe 10 years from now he finds that Book of Mormon and reads it. Maybe one day, he runs into the missionaries and remembers his friend Tresann and talks to them.
Whatever the outcome is. He will certainly be better for it and so will you. :0)
Thanks so much Natalie! I really appreciate your comment!!
ReplyDelete