I said goodbye to a friend of mine tonight. I am so grateful we were able to have this little bit of fun together before he leaves for Sao Paolo, Brazil for two years. I have to tell you that I was very apprehensive to see him this weekend. Partly because it almost seemed like he didn't want to meet me, since he has kinda avoided me every time I've come home. (Really he hasn't, it's just been a miss and hit each time) I really wish that I could come back next weekend for his "farewell", but I don't think that I could say goodbye to him again. I was at the verge of tears tonight saying goodbye. I didn't think that I would get like that saying goodbye. He said that we would write each other, he gave me a great big hug, and well needless to say I am so glad I was able to spend two hours with him tonight. I am so glad that he had the courage to call me at the end of our senior year to go on a date, but much more happy that he took the initiative to talk with me and give me complements all throughout high school! I cannot wait to share his adventures of his mission with him! But I will miss him.
Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends. ~Richard Bach
We only part to meet again. ~John Gay
Man's feelings are always purest and most glowing in the hour of meeting and of farewell. ~Jean Paul Richter
No comments:
Post a Comment